Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thou Shall Not Waste Thy Morning Coffee

My day started fairly early, woke up at 6:00 AM, thinking Damn You! long weekend, because clearly my body was still on vacation. Three and a half hours later I was sitting in the coffee shop in my school frustrated for not having finished even one of the secondaries I had told myself I would complete by this morning (but ofcourse I knew that when I decided to go to bed at 11:00PM yesterday). So I sat there furiously refreshing a webpage (for the writing center at my school, where I had scheduled to have my work reviewed) for the 100th time when I felt a light bulb go on in my head and it was mocking me too...this light bulb

light bulb: why don't you just call them Emnet!
me: Ofcourse
light bulb: how stupid
me: Oh Please! Shut up!

So I called them at 9:27, to cancel an appointment I made for 9:30. HA! I think I would have flipped out if I was that person who came in early that morning because of that appointment. But the lady who picked up was nice, in fact she made me feel like I was making unnecessary excuses when I explained that their webpage would not cooperate with me this morning. She simply said, oh it's been down since yesterday. DID I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY? don't answer that, because I was (a bit, I think) because after I hung up I spent nearly 10 minutes just thinking about how much I appreciate error messages like:
 "Our Web Page is under construction please come back later" or "Just call us today instead" either one would have been perfect and saved me from a rather unpleasant start to an already rainy day after a long weekend.

Anyway, I calmed myself down and continued to work on my secondaries (thinking about having my second cup of coffee). Then grabbed my second cup of coffee and headed to class. 5 minutes into lecture and my coffee is KICKING IN nicely. I can hear the synapses in my brain (haha, I wish). But the class I was in was just like a review of 5 grade math, not exactly, but you know what I mean. I would go to so many places in my head only to come back and find that I did not miss a thing. Then I would plan the rest of my day and look up and oh my, still discussing x and y. ok! I'm really not the type that doesn't pay attention in class (if there is a type, then I'm the type that shows up and pays attention THE ENTIRE TIME). But today it was nearly impossible to do so.

However I did learn a few things during that lecture
1) If I ever do some serious research it will be in the science field, where I will more likely study causation and not correlation (correlation = boring )
2) I do not like introduction, atleast not nearly as much as I like to dig deep into a subject. (details = fun stuff)
3) No need for coffee on Tue and Thur mornings

Every lesson counts right (see my optimism, see, see...don't say I didn't warn you). Expect alot more venting too that is how you landed on this page right? (ALL 22 of you who have visited my page...once again, I hope I entertain you into coming back more often).

That said, I just got home, I'm starving so adios! ;)



Emnet


2 comments: