Monday, September 5, 2011

Deadlines...

..where would I be without you.

There's one I have to meet by the end of the day (4 secondaries must be sent out tomorrow regardless of how incomprehensible and nonsensical they sound).

Behold my initial reaction to labor day weekend:
no school on Monday! why? we just started!
Where's a long weekend when you need one, which would be later in the semester. But now I think like all good things, Labor day exists for a reason, a very important one at that...so that I may finish my secondaries and actually start to pay attention to my classes.

I think the only class I've enjoyed so far is Genetics, maybe because I know I wont receive a grade in that class but I think it's because Dr. xx (I'll call her that for now, she teaches genetics, and she's female - xx, get it. oki) makes it so much fun to attend. I remember this past Friday she was lecturing on chromosomes, and started to describe the different types. She said something like...now here we have the Y chromosome, this choromosome is an itsy bitsy little thing that determines the male sex. She then gave the class a teasing look, (it was sort of like a big wink)..then said..."insert joke here"

I thought it was hilarious...(nature is really humoring, all the chromosomes are in fairly the same size range, except for "Y"....hmmmm)
the class is filled with such entertaining moments....so it's kind of sad that we'll miss one on Monday.
Oh well, those secondaries are not going to do themselves.

But before I leave I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have sent me a message and commented in support of my blog. I hope you will continue to visit my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment