Friday, September 16, 2011

Procrastination

Let the procrastination begin.
So I've become the number one procrastinator there is. Sad thing really, since that was the one thing I always prided myself on not being. I mean, I get everything done a day early at least! I think I have some  kind of senior syndrome, there is not other possible explanation.

Here's the evidence:
Yesterday, I had the afternoon off. And you should see what's on my to do list for an afternoon off. I have organized my home works from the least time consuming to the most time consuming, so that by the time I get to that one very long assignment, I can feel so accomplished from all the little tasks I've completed, that I will be high with motivation and just keep on working.

That's what WAS supposed to happen. But what ACTUALLY happened is, I ended up half-assing my little tasks then sitting and starring at my screen asking myself if I should complete them or enjoy an hour of fun reading, then half ass the big tasks so that I will only need 15 minutes to finish and turn them in (the day they are due that is, SAD! I tell you, just SAD).

THIS IS ME...PROCRASTINATING: I don't want to believe that I am procrastinating so I touch on everything on my list, but don't really complete anything. SMART HUH!

Well that didn't happen either, as I sat there looking at my partially complete mini tasks and remembered something I forgot to add to my to-do list. I was supposed to search for scholarships for my spring break get away, because clearly, it would be really stupid for me, not even having traveled to God knows where for interviews to be spending money on a trip. So I started to do that. 5 minutes later and I was looking at a research internship with NIH. The one I found looked SO GOOD! I wanted to do it, correction, I want to do it. So then I spent the rest of my time reading about it, and thinking of all the people I know who have done it, and emailing them to get their opinion and junk like that. Clearly I need help deciding.

I have to talk to my councilor about it. Whom by the way, I conveniently ran into at the coffee shop just now as I was typing this, and all I have to do now is email him to remind him when we meet (putting that on my to-do list right now before I forget). 


Anyway, I will wait to see what he says, because my doing this internship would mean that I would take a year off before medical school, defer attendance if and when I get admitted, an idea that I toyed with for nearly a year before my MCAT's. Clearly I am still toying with it. While we're on the subject, it still bugs me that I have not received an email from even one school. I just keep telling myself "it's early," "soon." God help me.

let's not get sidetracked, the focus now is: procrastination- my reason for a busy weekend, and maybe another year before medical school (I can't believe I just typed that...really thinking about deleting it...not going to.)

The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment