Sunday, September 25, 2011

Early onset of "something"

Here's how the story goes. About two months ago, I started to show symptoms of "something" (I will call it that until I figure out what it really is).

I was out partying and lost my license. I am not very fond of purses, and so when I go out to shake some stress off, I simply shove my ID, credit card and some cash into my pocket before I head out to the mad streets of DC. Now, the sensible person I am knows to put everything in my front pocket, where it's tight and I can keep my eyes on it. However, once we have hung out at the bar for a while and ready to Boom Boom Paw (had to say that), I always do the less sensible and more convenient thing: shove my ID in my back pocket. Which is why when I lost it, it tickled me. I deserved it, in fact it was about time.  It would be nice if they had reminders by club entrances with messages like: please keep your ID's safe so you can keep coming back...wishful thinking.

Anyway, the following day I called up some clubs and asked if they had found my ID. They had not. Oh well, thank God I don't drive then, because the only time I will miss that thing is when I go out (not so urgent). But then two weeks later my mother rings and asks me if I lost my ID (someone had hand delivered it to her at her house). I had completely forgotten about my long lost ID and didn't get my AHA! moment until she mentioned the date and that I had lost it in a Taxi. I was grateful, I hope I was nice to the Taxi driver and not just an intoxicated sleepy girl he had to make sure got home safe. A week later, I lost my ID again; and no I did not put it in my back pocket. I gave it to my friend who had a purse on her, who thought she shoved it in her bag when she dropped it (my best guess of what happened since it's unlikely that someone is after my ID). 

I started to think: maybe I was really meant to lose it, I had been lazy about having it renewed since I changed my address a few years ago and so maybe this is a sign, RIGHT? Nope, because a few days later my mother ringed me again and said "someone mailed in your ID." She told me it had a note in it detailing where it was found and that I should be careful with it (I wanted to give someone a big hug for their kindness. I mean to find an ID and mail it is nice, but to do it with the speed they did whoa!) I lost it on Friday night and my mom called midweek the following week, which means the person did not waste anytime trying to get it to me, super touching! I'm touched! You would be too. My mom also suggested that I consider having my ID tattooed somewhere, that way I wont have to worry about having it renewed or lost (genius eh). Her way of saying, better get it together young lady. This is where I wish this story ends, but then I would not be whining about having early onset of "something" now would I. So a few days later, I lost my phone. I left it in the women's locker room and 2 hours later called it to have someone answer my phone with "School of Public Health Dean's office". I kid you not, that is how the assistant at the office answered my phone. I mean now that I think of it, she did not know who was calling, and she couldn't NOT pick up because it could be me. Once again I was happy about not having run out of my stash of lack.

Now this is where things started to get to me. I lost my school ID that same week. I left it at a front desk somewhere, ofcourse they kept it for me. But still, WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH ME? 

Convinced yet that something is?

If not add this to your diagnosis, I lost my school ID again on Friday. I was actually at school yesterday, looking for it and I really think that this time :( it is gone for good. No one has turned it in and it does not have an address on it. Did I finally run out of luck? I'll find out Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment