Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Early Bird

I was wide awake by 6:30 today (probably had something to do with how I fell asleep at 10:30 last night, but still...) and decided to go for a jog. I usually jog by the lake by my house, where I recently had a scary incident.
I almost stepped on a snake! It was the most scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Ok, maybe not EVER, but it's the one I could not stop thinking about this morning. But I had to jog, with my ID being lost and what not, it's not like I was going to go to the gym and do it. And I have not been getting any excersice and have no excuse for it. I know it's midterms time and all, but I really don't have that much work to do ( especially compared to how hectic things were when I was studying for my MCATs and going to school full time).

So, I got out of bed telling myself, stop making excuses, just go and run, it's been ages since you saw the damn snake and you have been to the lake multiple times after.

I'll tell you I almost didn't go. I even got dressed to go to class and everything. But then I stopped to look at myself in the mirror and knew that if I continued to sit on my ass and endulge on all the yummy goodies I can get my hands on, I best go out and jog. So I did. Well, I won't lie, I can't jog for more than 10 minutes without a rest (yes I know I am BAD, hence my signing up for a jogging class - if you do not know how that's going tsk tsk for not having been reading my blog). This morning I was feeling lazier than usual, I could not run for more than 5 minutes at a time (I know super bad). So I was walking really fast instead, still keeping an eye out for snakes. But then after walking for 15 minutes, it started to pour. I usually don't care much for rain so I continued to walk. But I forgot....my shoes! I was wearing my favorite jogging shoes and I had not washed them in nearly 4 years (they are clean on the inside, so stop making that face - thank you). I love that dingy look, but now they were starting to get wet on the inside, which means I will have to wash them. How did I not know that was bound to happen. I am not sure wether it was in anger or in effort to protect the shoes, but I ran all the way back home, and that people is how I got my excerise this morning.

My shoes did get wet though - will have to wash them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment