Thursday, October 13, 2011

Walking on three

I never thought I would walk on three so soon (referencing that riddle/question (whatever it is) about how when you were born you walked on all fours, then you walk on two, then you walk on three.) Well today I walk on three. I sprained my ankle, I think. Since we all now know that I am not athletic, or that if I did do something sportive I would proudly brag about here, my injury has a rather embarrassing story behind it.

I was in the student union building at my school where I keep a lock full of my gym stuff along with my books (all of which I have not used at all this week), I eagerly grabbed my gym stuff and was text walking down the stairs (always feel nervous doing it, but I had been teaching for 2 hours and I had a ton of texts to reply to). Then...then....

I FELL! My ankle just decided to teach me a lesson. I was in the ground in a minute. I am very grateful that I did not hit my back or head on anything. Once I was on the ground I started to shake my head and smile at my stupidity and how I knew this would happen. I just always knew. Anyway, I just got up...shook my body, checked everything: all is well except my ankle. Then just walked back up the stairs and put my gym stuff back in the locker and went home.

I didn't really think much of it, until I woke up this morning with one very sore ankle also swollen if I might add. I guess my initial reaction to my ankle pain was, ignore it and it will go away. But nooooo....it was here to stay. I hate being sick, and not the sick feeling, but just that I have to miss classes and maybe work and stuff. I hate hate it. I spend all my time trying to be early doing everything, then BOOM, one second of lazy ankle and I spend all day Thursday at home at my desk.

I need to come up with a good excuse for everyone that will ask "what happened?" tomorrow when they see me on campus. Don't you think?

and life goes on


No comments:

Post a Comment