Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween my costume is here to stay

I don't do Halloween. I don't have anything against it, I just don't do it. I can eat candy whenever I want and I have no desire to dress like anyone else. But you'll say you can buy flowers for anyone, so why Valentines day, and give thanks to the Lord any day so why thanks giving. Ok ok I get it! there's some history involved. I STILL don't care for Halloween. Truth is, I am terrified of all the horror stuff and haloween creepiness (the cobweb decorations that ofcourse have a spider somewhere on them, which happen to be my least favorite things in the world, dead or alive, or EVEN a stuffed spider made out of rainbow colors. I DON'T CARE!) It's just all too much.

I actually make sure to get home early on Halloween.

This year however, I have taken part in the celebration, coincidentally. I had been contemplating getting a hair cut for a very long time now and me being the WUS that I am about it actually never got around to it. BUT this past week I just had it with my hair! I needed it to be different. Something more manageable, something cute, maybe a style that will grant me less bad hair days with my lazy ways and oh...MAYBE...MAYBE even something that will allow me to jump out of bed and jump into a pair of jeans and jump on the bus (that's a lot of jumping, but all these ideas got me excited!!!) So I just went ahead and did it. CHOPPED IT ALL OFF! Free at last. No hair.

Ok there is some...but barely, I bet your brother has more hair than I do, my brother has more hair than I do. Now if I had a nice webcam or a clue as to how I could take a picture and download it on my little notebook, you would be able to see for yourself. But since that can't be done (not now anyway) while I'm laying in bed all tech disabled as I have always been...I'll just tell you...it's more hair than no hair, but less hair than any hair. So I can say I have more hair than anyone balding but I dare not compare myself to anyone who has any hair. haha!

I love it!

That said...this new look makes me look like a 12 year old boy, with all seriousness. So today I was dressed in my ripped jeans, vintage coat and loafers and didn't recognize myself...this I figured was like MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME. While it gives me a rather masculine look, my feminine features can be mistaken for a boy who has not yet hit puberty (teen - thirteen - get it?) But I am too tall for a little boy which just makes me look like a tall 12 year old.

I plan to walk around with this costume until maybe next Halloween. I bet no one shows more love to Halloween than that (I'm not competing with people who have to wear costumes to work).

No comments:

Post a Comment