Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 3 on three

My leg appears to be healing, or maybe it just looks that way in the mornings because I keep it elevated all night. But I'll tell you what will not heal even way after my ankle's better, my left leg. It's essentially carrying the weight of my whole body. And even more painful than my left leg is my right arm/armpit. It feels like it's about to fall off. So glad it's the weekend, and so glad I didn't break a bone (which would take much much longer to heal).

Here are things I observed in my half a day of disability at school yesterday:

It took me 1.5x longer than it usually does to get around
I don't know where most of the elevators are located in the school buildings
Everyone notices and almost no one makes eye contact

And you would think that my slow speed would make getting around easier, although less bearable. BUT NO! I was sweating, just trying to get from my bus stop to my house. It's exhausting.



No comments:

Post a Comment