Thursday, October 6, 2011

Post Midterm Jitters

I have not been this hyper in two days. I've actually been feeling kinda shitty, it probably has something to do with my getting only 4 hours of sleep two days in a row (that's just 2 less of what I need to feel normal, and 1 less than what I need to barely make it through the day without coffee).

But now I have post Exam Jitters :D

I had two midterms one each day, and now it's all over. No more exams. Not for a while anyway. But there are still some very important things to get out of the way, like my very special appointment on Monday (which  I have yet to prepare for) and then all the Monday school course work I will need to make up for.

So life does go on! :(

Although right now it feels like it should be the beginning of a summer break. You know what I'm taking about, that feeling when nothing really matters anymore, when everything you did for a 24 - 48hrs was about that one thing and now it's done. Yea...THAT'S the feeling I'm talking about.

I left my last exam a bit early. Although this usually does not happen, especially in an upper level course where the questions are all open ended and annoying and always leave you feeling like you can say just a little bit more or maybe until someone tell you "you got it." (words of reassurance that you will not hear until God knows when you get the exam back). But yea, I left early and as I walked out I watched not some, but all of my fellow classmates think long and hard as they tried to articulate their well thought out responses in a manner that will make the grader go, OMG! who is this student. Because come on, let's face the facts, nearly everyone in that class is a senior and some sort of Biology, Chemistry or Biochem or even better (tougher if you will), Bio or Chem-engineering majors. More than 70 precent, and nearly all of the bio majors are either Pre-med or Pre-Grad school. And these are not made up facts, most of us know each other (in this class of about 200 students). We recognize each other from other similar classes, and from these facts (you'll have to agree here because this is as factual as this will get) we can infer that everyone has studied their bums off and are hoping to be the reason for a curve (the very top of the curve). Not even sure if there is a curve. Oh well.

This ends the first quarter of the semester.







No comments:

Post a Comment