Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The interview

It was not as stressful as I thought it would be and once it was done I was so very happy it was behind me. No more talking to myself and rehearsing lines, lines that I did not use at any point in the interview. I am not in anyway implying preparing didn't help. But the most helpful part was knowing the topics I wanted to address and some key words that will help me get my message across.

Some of the q's I got were things like: Tell me about yourself? Why Meharry? Why medicine? Would you specialize and if so what? those sorts of things, I would not say I had any questions that took me off guard. I did however get one question I almost prayed I would not get, the where do you see yourself 10 yeas from now question. I dread that question. But I knew that they might throw it at me. So I don't think it was all that bad. 

Overall the interview was good. The school is great. It is really a school with a real family feel. The staff was nice, my interviewer was nice, and the students were very supportive and friendly.

Now I wait. 

I am still exhausted from having to spend most of my Sunday in the airport where I thought there would be wifi (I do not consider wifi that lets you look up only flight information and the weather of that nation, free wifi, to me that is NO wifi). Anyway, although I have a lot more to say about this wonderful experience. It really was awesome being in Nashville. I didn't think it would grow on me so fast, the whole small town thing, but it did. I really hope I get in. 

later ya'll (practicing my southern accent) 

]

No comments:

Post a Comment