Monday, October 17, 2011

Healing

It's a slow process, one that requires lots of patience. And for my ankle hopefully the weekend was just enough time, for I have left my crutches behind this morning and I hope to be back to my normal pace by wednesday.

I am super glad it is just a sprain. I know I've said that over and over, but not being able to walk as I please, having to take the elevator, not being able to go to the gym...is killing me (inside).

While we are on the topic of healing, I thought I would share that although this is not the first time (in my four year stay here in the U.S) that I have had a health issue (I refuse to use the word sick) this is the first time it did not make me feel homesick or sad that I am in such a situation. If there are any FOB  foreigners out here reading this and thinking, I would feel homesick if I was all by myself and had a health issue. My point here is that, it heals. You know that sore spot that hurts every time you get a sore throat or a back ache or a bad day, or even a bad quiz grade (yes bad grades used to make me homesick) WELL! it heals. Take it from me. I was expecting to feel a bit of homesickness...but to my surprise - NOTHING! not a tad. Believe you me, I checked. I sat in my room quietly and searched my soul for that sore spot. It's gone.

This is definitely a discovery worth celebrating (maybe I'll jump up and down once my leg heals).

No comments:

Post a Comment