Thursday, November 10, 2011

One size up! PLEASE!

So I've been MIA, I know I know...I got all excited after I got my first acceptance, then I got a few (yes a few) rejections, and I guess I didn't know how to blog about my failures. I am still pre-med, I still hate to fail at anything academic (and by fail I mean not at the top). But anyhow, yea...I actually received two just yesterday one from NYMC and the other... I can't even recall right now. But the only one I was really :( about was UMDSOM. That was a bummer. But I expect more rejections, my MCAT score was not hte greatest and my decision to apply this cycle was a risk of sorts. So my reaction when I read those emails was...oh well! Meharry here I come :)

Getting that one acceptance does really feel AMAZING! I am safe, I will go to medical school next year and be an MD :) End of story. Besides, I LOVED Meharry when I visited and that means I'll enjoy my stay there. That might have been why I didn't post in a while, but there has been alot to bore you about, most of which escapes me right now. I do want to address why I entitled this post what I did. So I have a class: that class I blogged about that bores me to death, yea that one...and the certain someone that teaches that class always wears clothes one size smaller than that someone should (you can can tell I don't even want to reveal gender here). BUT it's super annoying. I mean, I know most lecturers are supposed to dress somewhat professional, which I do not really care for because I personally don't think it would distract me one bit if my teachers had purple hair, and or wore torn up jeans, but this size thing bothers me. It sort of suffocates me in my seat. I am always sitting there thinking she/he will burst from all the pressure of all the tightness and we'll all be covered with little pieces of a super boring lecturer. DISASTER!

This same teacher had a huge ink mark on the face one class this week, and along with the unfitting clothes, camel toe (maybe I'll reveal gender just because you need to know the degree of unfitting I am talking about) and what not I honestly felt SO bad I couldn't even look up as often I normally did, which is also rare because the Sudoku's on the school paper are usually the hard ones and I can never finish those before class ends. I would have told her about the ink mark, but I didn't notice it until everyone was in class and she had started to teach. Then as soon as I saw it, I didn't realize how big it was...I thought maybe the entire class won't notice...so she's less embarrassed (not that she knew). The entire time I was thinking...what if it was me, what if my students saw a huge ink mark on my face, would they tell me. I hope so. But then it got worse, there was a table on one of the lecture slides and I had to put my glasses on...and BOY! that ink mark grew so big. Now I'm sure everyone has seen it, and I was starring at it as if I just noticed it. How in the world did that happen to her! OK....I think I have said enough about camel toe's and ink marks, while ink marks might be inevitable in some cases, camel toes can definitely be avoided. I am sure no one grows that much everyday soon after they leave their house. So to those of you who might be fitting into the wrong size...just know this: no one ever looks at what size pants you wear, the one thing people see is how it fits you...Only you see the size...so if it needs adjsting, for the love of God adjust it....or there's always dresses :D and long long shirts. SO MANY OPTIONS.

gotta study now...
exam week next week

1 comment:

  1. haha! hilarious! love your blog :)
    now back to studying for 360.. lol

    ReplyDelete